Student Highlight -- Study Abroad 


Global Connections
Erin Winters a junior broadcast journalism major is spending spring 2015 in a study abroad semester at the University of Cape Town in South Africa.  In addition to her courses, she is engaged in living and learning the culture, language and people  of South Africa. She plans to start a non-profit organization while in the country.  Her e-notebook shares how the first days are shaping up:

  “Cape Town is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen.  It’s so majestic.  I see palm trees out my bedroom window, and breathtaking mountains out my front door.  I’m completely captivated by everything.  Every day I see something new and fascinating.  The culture is rich, communal, and vibrant.” 
   “…  I’m currently in the process of starting a non-profit organization here, which I’m so excited to launch.  My intentions are to leave here with much more than “study abroad” checked off of my lifelong to-do list.  I want to change my life by changing other peoples’ lives.  I want to leave a lasting legacy of Howard and myself.  I will keep you updated on everything!  These first few weeks were just so busy.”


We are proud of Erin and know she will do well; HU “Truth and Service”





Comments

Popular posts from this blog